Our Mentorship Programs:
Click on the links below to scroll to more information about mentoring
The Pregnancy Care Centre in Kamloops is offering Empowering Moms. This exciting, educational year-long program is dedicated to strengthening the lives of young women, 13 – 25 years of age, who have recently become mothers. The mentorship program offers support through engaging workshops, group sessions and one-on-one mentorship with a suitable volunteer mentor.
Empowering Moms serves young moms who:
• Need assistance while completing a high school diploma
• Need assistance while continuing their education or who are transitioning to part/full-time employment
• Have chosen to parent their children
Empowering Moms offers:
• Financial Assistance in the form of grocery vouchers
• Weekly workshops
• One-on-one Mentors
• Goal Setting
• Counselling and Program Referrals
• Opportunity to be a part of a supportive community of women.
To learn more about the program and to find out if you are eligible and how to sign up, visit the Empowering Moms web page or phone 250-376-4646.
There is no substitute for you.
One-on-one relationship with a mature person who will help you to discover how to be a father and a great role model.
Empowering Dads mentorship program serves young dads between the ages of 13 – 30 who have a child (may or may not have custody), want to be involved in their child’s life, and are willing to:
• Complete high school and maintain a passing grade, or
• Having completed grade 12, should be working or continuing their education
• Establish and progress towards their personal goals
• Maintain a relationship and meet with their mentors weekly
• Attend planned group activities or workshops as scheduled.
“When a child is born, a father is born”
– Frederick Buechner
The purpose of the Empowering Dads program,is to empower young Dads to become:
Interactive fathers, and
Provider / Protector fathers to their children.
To learn more about the program and to find out if you are eligible and how to sign up, visit the Empowering Dads web page or phone 250-376-4646.