24 hr. Crisis Line: 250-376-4646
We have moved to:
429 Tranquille Road
Kamloops, BC V2B 3G9
How you can be actively involved.
Giving your time, your gifts and talents, is a powerfull way to pay it forward. You will change lives!
As a faith-based ministry, most positions require a mature believer who is part of a supportive faith community. Most of our positions need a commitment of a minimum of one to two years. Since some of the clients are survivors of difficult life situations, our counsellors must be non-judgmental, positive care-givers. They are committed to on-going training and personal development. Potential volunteers who apply, are interviewed, references are confirmed and criminal checks are required. The loving commitment of our volunteers has changed lives, including their own. If you are interested call us.
There are three levels of volunteering.
1. You can get involved by serving on a committee or as a board director.
2. You can give a few hours a week doing all kind of tasks in the Centre such as filing, sorting, cleaning, mailing, reception duties, counting, etc., we need people like you.
3. You can be trained as a peer counsellor and be involved in one or more of the following:
• initial and on-going peer counselling
• give information on community support and referrals
• crisis line counselling
• pre-natal classes
• parenting and lifeskill courses
• grief and loss support
• birth mother support
• post-abortion counselling
• Sex, Dating and Relating