Click on the links below to scroll to more information about the service
24/7 Help Line 250-376-4646
Trained client support workers will answer the phone 24 hours a day - 7 days a week.
You can talk to them knowing that each one of these volunteers is willing to listen because they really care. Often they have had similar experiences as what you are struggling with.
Free Pregnancy Tests
Call us and make an appointment to see one of our client support workers and find out if you are pregnant indeed.
This is not just a pregnancy test, it is also a consultation. We know that you may be very nervous, perhaps hoping that the test is negative. Getting the news of a positive test result can be devastating, our caring support worker will be there for you and will understand your situation.
We see and help many women like you. You are not alone in your experience. Even some of our volunteers have had the same feelings you have.
We provide follow-up and on-going peer counselling: our support workers go the extra mile, supporting you along the way, no matter what your situation or decision.
• Our support workers have a wide variety of backgrounds allowing them to understand and empathize with you.
• Many of the support programs are a result of our support workers' life experiences and our desire to meet your needs.
• Our post-abortion support workers have had extensive and intensive training, making them experienced and confident to help you face emotions you may be dealing with.
• We are familiar with the assistance available in our community and will assist you to get what you need.
You Are Not Alone.
Throughout your pregnancy and also after the baby has been born, we will be there as a friend and, wherever possible, also with tangible help.
Our Centre has maternity clothing that you may choose from. We also have a large selection of baby clothes from birth to 18 months. Our donors often give us diapers, formula, car seats, strollers, etc. If available, we are happy to provide them to you.
• We will educate you with accurate information about foetal development, parenting, adoption and abortion issues.
• We will assist you to identify problems, explore alternatives and consider solutions.
• We will support you and be your friend no matter what you decide.
• We do not refer for abortion nor provide contraceptives, you will need to see your physician for those.
Our support workers are trained and receive regular ungoing training, provided through the Pregnancy Care Centre Society of Kamloops by experienced and trained personnel, such as our Executive Director and our Client Services Coordinator.
We will not tell you what to do. Instead we will calmly discuss all of the options. We will also show you how we can be there for you no matter what you decide.
You see, you do not need to be alone. Instead we invite you to come in and talk to us.
You will have an opportunity to make a follow up appointment and see someone in the office during the day. You will be received with open arms. You will be respected and loved.
Call us anytime!
We also will help you in other ways. Click on "Programs" to find more information about Parenting Classes and Community Referrals. We invite you to explore these links for more information. You can also call us and arrange to meet with one of our support workers to learn more about us and we would like to get to know you as well.